News and Events Fireworks in Bag, Denver Airport Evacuated

Dieses Thema im Forum "Discussions in English" wurde erstellt von Pyro, 15. Dezember 2010.

1. Source:
    http://www.firehouse.com/topic/fire...gation/fireworks-bag-denver-airport-evacuated

2. What's english for "Knallerbse"? Shock torpedo? I think some people might be overreacting.... Well, i don't want to speculate, but......

3. Es handelte sich wohl um den Kinderfeuerwerksartikel "Ziehknaller", die kleinen Miniplastikfläschchen. Dies z.B. ist ein Grund, warum ich seit 10 Jahren nicht mehr in die USA fliege, so wie ich früher nicht in die UDSSR geflogen bin.

Kwunderbar gefällt das.
  4. Ich kann in deinem Beitrag grade keinen Sinn und Zusammenhang erkennen, könntest du mich bitte aufklären? :)Vor allem sehe ich keinen Zusammenhang mit der Ausgangsnachricht???

5. Denver Airport

Dear Mr. Knaller,
    I missed in my note that this is the english section. I'll try to explain the implications to you. Partypoppers are classified as UN 1.4 S transport qualification. In Germany you can send up to 5 kg per normal postal mail. 1.4 S is also allowed in limited quantities for most air transports. That a whole terminal is evacuated for 2 hours because of pyrotechnical toys for children is absolutely crazy. I do not dare to imagine the problems, the person who checked the bag, will be in now. For the last 10 years traveling by air is no fun any more because of so called security measures. This summer, when traveling to Malta from Frankfurt airport, we were a little late and arrived at the check in counter 30 minutes before the plane was to leave. Lufthansa told us, that because of tightened security measures there was not enough time for the procedures and left us standing there. They told us that any US airline would even have left us behind 1 hour before. We had to buy new tickets, lost 1 day and had to drive back home. The financial loss alone was about 700 Euro. My citizens rights are very dear to me, so I will not leave them behind at a german airport when traveling to the US. I just do not fly to the US anymore as long as this regime holds, same as I did not fly to the USSR in the last millenium.

Knaller! gefällt das.
  6. Ok, now i unterstand. But i'm german too, so there has not been any reason for me to tell me the story in english;) (except the topic), i hadn't had english since 5 years. And if you don't use it, you'll forget it, especially grammar:eek:. Maybe we should post bilingual.
    But it isn't allowed any more to send 1.4S with DHL/Deutsche Post, it is totally permitted. I can't give a correct answer to the international shipping, but i care a bit that it is still allowed.

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Information ausblenden